Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort Fiji
Virtuoso Amenities for your stay
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability (to next Bure category, excludes the Villa)
- Full breakfast daily
- $100 USD equivalent Resort or Hotel credit per Bure to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort Fiji
Welcome to a Fiji island holiday in its purest form. Crafted from local timbers and featuring premier amenities, each traditional thatched bure at the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort provides the ultimate in Fiji accommodation for privacy, comfort, and the best personal service.
Built on the site of a former coconut plantation, the 17-acre Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort features just 25 bures (Fijian bungalows) delivering world-class lodging amidst quintessential Fiji island serenity. Slip into premier Fiji accommodations, with rattan furnishings, a plush king-size bed, oversized bathrooms, private deck, and bures with garden or ocean views. Our resort accommodations include all meals, bottled non-alcoholic beverages, and round-trip transportation between the resort and Savusavu Airport. To enhance tranquility, our bures have no telephones or televisions, however, there is complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access.
- Water- There’s no better place to soak up the Fiji island’s famous sea activities than our resort on the water. Experience endless water sports, like sailing a Hobie Cat over crystal clear waters, kayaking the reef, or catching fish off Savusavu to bring back to our Chef.
- Diving- The “Soft Coral Capital of the World,” Fiji offers the largest variety of fish and coral on the planet.
- Marine Biologist- Get a closer look at the wonders of Fiji’s sea life. With the resort’s full-time Marine Biologist Johnny Singh on staff, the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort is committed to treating guests to fascinating insights into the ecology of the marine world in Fiji.
- Activities - Discover boundless opportunities for fun and adventure. From beach sports to ecological pursuits to traditional Fijian rituals.
- Excursions- Our weekly schedule of activities includes four scheduled off-site excursions: a village trip, a rainforest and waterfall hike, a Mangrove trip, and a Farmers Market trip on set days complimentary.
- Earth - The Fijian people have flourished for over three thousand years by living off the natural bounty that surrounds them. Jean-Michel Cousteau and his team of conservationists believe our modern society can learn a lot about achieving a sustainable environment from the Fijian’s agricultural and fishing practices.
- History - Comprising 330 islands in the central South Pacific, Fiji’s geography has made it both a destination and migratory crossroads for centuries. Austronesian peoples are believed to have settled here some 3,500 years ago, with Melanesians following a thousand years later. In the 10th Century, the Tu’i Tonga Empire was established in Tonga, and Fiji came within its sphere of influence. This brought Polynesian customs and language to Fiji.
- Village- Experience a visit to the traditional Fiji village of Nukubalavu (“long beach”), located just two miles south of the resort and home to many of our staff. Rural villages throughout Fiji form an important part of the Fijian community structure. You will be welcomed into Nukubalavu to experience the culture first-hand and enjoy the Meke (dance) and singing by the village people.
- Town of Savusavu- Stroll the nearby Savusavu town, where you’ll find a collection of interesting shops of diverse cultural origins, small restaurants, banks, and a post office from which to mail postcards. Here along Savusavu Bay, you can also explore a Farmer’s Market with indigenous local produce.
- Treat yourself to sumptuous Fijian cuisine, South Pacific, and Asian-inspired delicacies. All meals are included in your stay and served in our restaurant overlooking Savusavu Bay or al fresco poolside. Our musicians will serenade you with the soft harmonies of traditional Fijian songs, Fijian versions of some old favorites, and even invite you to participate in a Kava Ceremony.
- Dining - Treat yourself to sumptuous Fijian cuisine, South Pacific, and Asian-inspired delicacies. All meals are included in your stay and served in our restaurant overlooking Savusavu Bay or al fresco poolside. Our musicians will serenade you with the soft harmonies of traditional Fijian songs, Fijian versions of some old favorites, and even invite you to participate in a Kava Ceremony.
- Spa & Well Being- You can pamper your body and soul with one of our unique beachside spa treatments, or surrender to a rejuvenating Fijian massage in your bure. Our spa resort has recently started using “Nui Health Fiji” pure virgin coconut oil harvested locally by the people of the Wailevu Village on the shores of Savusavu Bay. Inhale the earthy coconut aroma, find yourself mesmerized by their graceful strokes, and fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean.
- Romance - Step into the ultimate romantic Fiji escape in a place that practically invented romance. From the gentle serenity of a private picnic on your own deserted island to a sunset-lit dinner, you will feel as though everything has been tailor-made for your own amorous island getaway.
- Weddings- A lifetime of minted bliss begins with a wedding in the South Pacific. Just imagine your traditional ceremony: two Fijian warriors carry the bride up a private stretch of beach to her groom, accompanied by the sound of conch shells, the beating of Lali drum, and a tropical sunset as the stunning backdrop.
- Family - For an ideal family holiday there’s no place like the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort. Our award-winning boutique resort is considered one of the best luxury family-friendly resorts in the world. Discover a host of activities to be enjoyed as a family, with children of any age, on land, on the water, and in the water.
Best of the Best
Built to resemble a traditional Fijian village, this multi-award-winning, eco-sensitive boutique resort is one of the most renowned vacation destinations in the South Pacific. Offering spectacular ecological exploration, understated luxury, and traditional Fijian hospitality, guests of all ages enjoy a blend of complimentary recreational, cultural, well-being, and nature-based activities. Surrounded by a marine sanctuary, it boasts world-class snorkeling and diving, a private island for exclusive use by couples and families, a resident marine biologist, and separate family facilities offering fun, educational children's programs.
Address: Lesiaceva Point Savusavu, Fiji
Nearest Airport Savusavu (SVU), 7 Miles / 11 Kilometers